Sometimes Parents have to weigh heavy decisions when it comes to child care and working. This resource will hopefully support you in making that decision while keeping employment and your family safe.
Investigate your options
- Contact 211info for child care referrals or use the link below
- Evaluate whether Licensed or License exempt child care is best for you
- Research available resources to make child care affordable
- Explore the provider’s reviews, child safety compliance and interview employees
- Use this form in English or Spanish to checklist their quality of childcare
Child Care Settings
- Family Child Care Homes – A home-based program typically offers flexible hours, a low child to caregiver ratio, and most siblings are cared for together.
- Center-Based Child Care – A classroom-like environment that typically offers consistent hours, larger numbers of children, and has groups of children by age.
- Informal In-Home Child Care – A caregiver that does not need to be licensed for the care of 3 or fewer children. Caregivers can be friends or relatives of the family.